Whatever happened to Rusty Blair?

Home Forums Wrestling British Wrestling Whatever happened to Rusty Blair?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Titch 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

BIGES

Actually i think and i say think i was the only female to actually wrestle for Joint Promotions on World of Sport. Princess Paula was the first female wrestler to appear on it but as Dave Finlay’s wife/manageress.I wrestled many times for Joint Promotions and i really enjoyed it.

Patriot

So how many ladies actually wrestled for Joint in the late 80s?

Klondyke Kate

Emma McKenzie(?)

Debbie Drake

Any others?

BIGES

Can’t remember any Emma McKenzie. The only females that i remember wrestling for Joint Promotions were Debbie Drake, Princess Paula, myself and Tracy Kemp.

patriot have you any idea what happend to local girl michelle martell who done a bit for all star about 10-12 years ago

Patriot

Thanks for the feedback Kate. I was sure I saw you against a Scottish girl called Emma for Joint – but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me!

Michelle Martell – I’ve no idea what happened her but here’s what I do know.

Lived in Winton area of Bournemouth

Initially helped Julie Starr sell raffle tickets and programmes

Was only about 17 when she turned pro

Trained by Crusher Mason

I do have a favourite memory of Michelle. She was in a tag match with Julie Starr against Kate and (I think) Belladonna(?). Anyway, KK did ‘the works’ on Michelle – a running crush in the corner, followed by a Splash on the back followed by another Splash to the body for an easy pin. But as Kate was heading back to her corner to celebrate, the inexperienced Michelle was getting off the canvas as though nothing had happened! Julie Starr raced through the ropes and literally held her partner down – to persuade Michelle that a little more recovery time may have been appropriate!

BIGES

No don’t remember her either!

Hey yeah I remember a Scottish girl back then, although it was for Orig Williams’ promotion at Weston Winter Gardens that I remember her appearing. Never caught her name but she had bleached blonde hair and a broad Scottish accent. Saw her there three times: once sat at the time-keeper’s table with John Short (presumably being shown the ropes . . .), then next time as the MC (got confused and awarded a fall to the wrong wrestler), and the final time getting the sh*t squashed out of her in the ring by a certain opponent . . .

BIGES

Yes we called her Morag but i don’t know her wrestling name or her real name. My memory is going old age i think!!

Patriot

Sounds like it could be Goldie Gordon – I remember you wrestling/destroying her on Eurosport!

BIGES

Thats the one, nice girl but not wrestling material.

Patriot

I also remember Kate on Eurosport taking on a masked Scandinavian ‘Princess’ – who was blatantly Tina Starr! Nice one Orig!!

BIGES

Was kind of cringingly obvious wasn’t it? i watch it sometimes on video and laugh my head off. She was a brilliant wrestler though. She was game as ned kelly’s donkey.

Patriot

Many thanks to Kate for all the great matches you had in Bournemouth. I suppose the most memorable being Nicky Monroe taking your ladies title in an epic match. Along with Mal Sanders and Rocco – you were the best!

Folks

Gal wrestling on Eurosport?

Looks like I got NTL too late!

I’d be grateful for any detail; plus – is the material available on vid/DVD?

PS: Hey! I’ve just also realised that forums like this one ask you to “submit” !

Yours (with the cow’s tail)

Thanks

MMM

neil c

Hi Kate,

I remember seeing you wrestle at Blackpool Tower againt Nicky Monroe; you knocked the stuffing out of her and St. John’s Ambulance had to stretcher the wee lass back to the dressing room.

Anyone remember Hellcat Haggerty?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertise Here
Advertise Here