Nicky Monroe

Home Forums Wrestling British Wrestling Nicky Monroe

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nicky Monroe 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

baggiesfan

baggiesfan

Hi

Does anyone have any information on a lady wrestler from Wales called ‘Naughty Nicky Monroe’ I have a tape with some of her bouts on but wanted to find out more about her

Rich

she is married to johnny south aka legion of doom – she used to be a careworker as well i think – drew will have more info or tony st clair

I spoke to both John and Nicky yesterday. They have both retired and are living somewhere near Stratford-on-Avon. They are both in good health and are due to come to Germany in September as John and I are due to wrestle each other in a ´Legends Match ´

Tony

baggiesfan

Tony,

Do you know where I could get any videos from Nicky Munroe’s wrestling career, my girlfriend is also big fan of hers

Rich

Rich,

I have to speak to Nicky again in the next couple of days so I´ll ask her if she can help,

Tony

baggiesfan

Tony,

That will be great Tony, my girlfriend will be pleased

Thanks Rich

Saxonwolf

Tony, sorry to “hijack” this thread, but where will you be wrestling in Germany and on what dates? I will be over in Berlin area for business and it would be great to see one the UK’s legendary wrestlers from the world of sport era!

Cheers

Sax

We will be in a town called Kütenholz on September 23 and 24. I will wrestle Johnny South on the first day and on the second day the main event is a cage match between Cannonball Grizzly and Joe Legend ( I will be the referee for that match). The town lies between Bremen and Hamburg,let me know if you think you will be there as I can send you a link to where you can reserve a ticket as last time we were there it sold out pretty quickly as it only holds about 500,

Tony

Patriot

As Nicky Monroe was our local star and Bournemouth’s most famous ever wrestler, here is a quick bio.

Started wrestling at 17 in about 1980

Originally had blonde hair – hence ‘Monroe’

Nicky’s father John was the local promoter for All Star in Bournemouth

Nicky sometimes tagged with her mother Heather

Soon became Mitzi Mueller’s regular tag partner

Moved to Rhyl in North Wales but was still billed from Bournemouth

Leading contender for the ladies title after Mueller’s retirement in 1987

Won through to the British ladies title final in 1988

Lost in the championship final to Klondyke Kate – match shown on BBC2

Won the title from Kate in Bournemouth in 1992

Continued wrestling until retiring until the late 90s

Saxonwolf
    tony st clair wrote:We will be in a town called Kütenholz on September 23 and 24. I will wrestle Johnny South on the first day and on the second day the main event is a cage match between Cannonball Grizzly and Joe Legend ( I will be the referee for that match). The town lies between Bremen and Hamburg,let me know if you think you will be there as I can send you a link to where you can reserve a ticket as last time we were there it sold out pretty quickly as it only holds about 500,
    Tony

Not sure I will still be there on those dates, but post the link anyway just in case, thanks.

Patriot wrote:Started wrestling at 17 in about 1980
    Originally had blonde hair – hence ‘Monroe’…

Nicky sometimes tagged with her mother Heather

Any pix anywhere of NM with blonde locks?

Any pix anywhere of Heather, plus or minus daughter?

Thanx

MmM

Saxonwolf,

If you are in Germany at the time contact me through my private message account and I will make sure you get a ticket

Tony

Rich,

I spoke to Nicky but she doe´nt have much in the way of video material but said she will try to make some enquiries

Tony

baggiesfan

Tony,

Thanks Tony that will be great, my girlfriend was a big fan she also liked the style of boots Nicky wore, so much that she has had me enquiring everywhere for them

Best wishes Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertise Here
Advertise Here