Lena Blair

Home Forums Wrestling British Wrestling Lena Blair

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jcchappy 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jcchappy

Can some give me some info on Lena Blair, when she wrestled, and is she still wrestling? I don’t know much about her, but she seems to be on a few old tapes.

Cheers!

jcchappy

The 1978 Kid

Following on from that question – are Lena Blair/Miss Lena/Leather Lena and Rusty Blair all the same person?

miss lena/ lena blair and leather lena are the same rusty blair was someone else

Patriot

Lena Blair aka Barbara Swann was the cousin of Monty Swann. After starting her career in the UK in the early 70s she then travelled to the US (hence her all-in style) and Japan (hence her habit of dragging her opponent out of the ring and throwing her into the crowd at regular intervals!!). In my view, Lena was a wrestler years ahead of her time, the Rollerball Rocco of ladies wrestling. Lena retired in the early 80s but made a comeback in the late 80s with a slimmer, more muscular phsyique having taken up gym-work and bodybuilding. She challenged Klondyke Kate unsuccessfully for the ladies title before quitting the sport for good in the early 90s.

Old David

I completely agree with ‘Patriot’ about Lena Blair or Leather Lena as she usually appeared in this area.

I only saw her a few times and she always ‘tore the house down’.

A female Mark Rocco is a perfect description of her style.

I particularly remember her and Klondyke Kate battling one another all around the hall in a match at Bath. This was back in the days when fighting amongst the crowd just was not done!

Great stuff!!

A very underrated performer.

No relation at all…Lena (Barbara Swann) was a very nice lady, she worked a show for a friend of mine and we arranged her accomodation after..a really nice girl….also wrestled as Lena Stromm and billed as the Swedish Ladies Champion.

Rusty Blair Scotish girl (Carole Taylor) now living in Rhyl.

The 1978 Kid

Thanks KNN1F

As ever you are an invaluable source of info

Pleasure mate :lol:

jcchappy

Thanks for the info everbody, really good.

BTW has anyone ever seen the UK video “Wonderwomen Of Wrestling!” it has Paula can Klondide Kate on the cover. I have it on order (even though it was discontinued in the 90′s). any good?

Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertise Here
Advertise Here